Update: To see a screen-shot of the bottle from the show, click here.
The very bitchy part of me could not resist that title (I apologize for digressing from my consistent positivity). The news that Carson Daly’s NBC show got renewed for a 10th season shocked me, primarily because I had no idea he was still on the air. There’s a very specific reason that Carson Daly annoys me. He made his mark by hosting MTV’s Total Request Live, at a time when bubble-gum pop music was exploding. While many complained that the boy-bands and pop-tarts were destroying music, Carson stood firm, never letting his judgment show. Then, he got his show on NBC. He used his show as a platform to promote “real music,’ and constantly bashed the same artists that he used to promote. Ever wonder why you have never seen Britney Spears perform on his show? Weren’t they bosom buddies on TRL? I also once heard him say (during one of his pompous rants) that he felt American Idol was just a “shortcut,” to making it in the industry. How dare he insult such a monumental show! As an aside, I’d actually like to extend a special thanks to NBC for renewing Last Call With Carson Daly — you gave me an excuse to explain my Daly-anger.
Update: Evidently, Josh Lucas is constantly compared to Matthew McConaughey, and it pisses him off. He once said he doesn’t want to be “mentioned in the same breath” as him, because he “has his own career.” Well, perhaps it’s true that I’m not very good at this, because I don’t think Lucas looks anything like McConaughey.
- Spencer Pratt is writing a tell-all book about Heidi Montag. Gossip Cop
- Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood broke up. She Knows
- Hilary Swank says her marriage to Chad Lowe was successful. You Tango
- Jude Law and Sienna Miller bought a house together. Daily Mail
- Cher is making a comeback album. Digital Spy
- Kat Von D doesn’t think Jesse James will cheat on her. Star Magazine
- Christina Aguilera is singing at weddings and Bar Mitzvahs now. The Grape Juice
- The CW released the Season 4 trailer for Gossip Girl. Entertainment Weekly
- Jenny McCarthy’s new, male model boyfriend is flaunting their relationship on his facebook page. Facebook
- Did Brittany Murphy’s mother share a bed with Simon Monjack? TMZ
- Sherri Shepherd is taking over for Carnie Wilson as host of The Newlywed Game. The Futon Critic
- Betty White signed a book deal. Examiner
- Russell Brand and Katy Perry are going to counseling together. One Wed
- Taylor Momsen is an asshole. Pop Dash
- Naomi Campbell needs to pay her taxes. Monsters and Critics