Ready, Jet, Go! Rosie Huntingon-Whiteley’s Getaway Guide
Traveling in style is always a challenge, but glamorous globetrotter and model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is giving you an inside look at her effortlessly chic lifestyle and how to land in luxury. In her column for The Violet Files, Rosie reveals her travel itinerary, packing picks, and favorite, flawless looks. First stop: Heathrow.
- In my carry on:Cashmere wrap and lounge pants from my Rosie for Autograph line, a soft white t-shirt from Paige Denim, and cashmere socks borrowed from my man. I bring my own food and snacks so I can avoid the plane food—usually I’ll pack a paleo wrap with turkey or chicken and salad, as well as nuts and dried fruit.
- Reading material:Dr. Nigma Talib’s book Younger Skin Starts in the Gut.
- Entertainment plan:Lately I’ve been catching up on reading or favorite TV shows—this time it was The People v. O.J. Simpson.
- First order of business:Ask for the biggest bottle of water they can provide and try to drink at least 3-4 liters. I also change straight into comfortable clothes, folding and hanging my airport outfit to avoid any creases before landing.
TSA-APPROVED BEAUTY (all available at VIOLET GREY and approved by the Violet Code)
- Skincare:I remove my makeup with Koh Gen Do wipes as soon as I’m settled and spritz with Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Rose. I follow up with my regular skincare routine: iS Clincal Pro-Heal Serum or C-15 Serum and Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream or Chantecaille’s Rose de Mai moisturizer, plus By Terry Baume de Rose for my lips. I apply African Botanics Marula Body Oil to my legs and feet to keep them hydrated.
- Makeup:I carry just enough to give me quick and easy results before landing. I use Rosie for Autograph Amazing Radiance Cream and Miracle Concealer, Tom Ford Flawless Powder/Foundation,RMS Living Luminizer and Lip2Cheek and Tom Ford lipstick in Indian Rose.
- Hair:I always keep a Tangle Teezer brush and Yves Durif comb in my bag. I’ll use some René Furterer Dry Shampoo if I’m wearing my hair down, or I’ll scrape it back and use Moroccanoil Styling Gel for a sleek, structured look.
- Pre-landing prep:I never travel without a lint roller in my bag to freshen up my outfit and my Rosie for Autograph fragrance.
- Suitcase:I constantly have to replace my luggage as it gets so battered with all the traveling I do. The best brand I’ve found is Tumi. I use their Aden Expandable Fortnight Trip—they’re the most durable bags I’ve found. I never check less than two bags. I’m the best/worst packer!
- Never-leave-home-without essentials:My iPhone, passport, reading material, change of currency and converter plugs.
- Packed in multiples:Heels, Saint Laurent coats, Paige jeans, Rosie for Autograph lingerie, t-shirts.
- Destination essential:Light jackets, a Burberry trench, Gianvito Rossi heels and Chloé sweaters. In London I’ll likely need them, no matter what time of year.
LONDON ADDRESS BOOK
- Hotel:Soho Farmhouse
- Spa:I use Perfect 10, a mobile beauty service, for all personal appointments in London
- Salon:George Northwood
- Restaurant:Fernandez & Wells
- Nightcap:The honor system bar in the library at The Soho Hotel
- Shopping:Matches Fashion
- Date Night:The Ivy
- Workout:Third Space, Soho and the Bulgari Hotel Workshop Gym
- Must-have souvenir:Nurofen ibuprofen!
- Day off plan:Walk in the park, lunch at Little House Mayfair and catching up with family and friends.