Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are poster children for toxic relationships, but like most of America, I always rooted for their reconciliation and was baffled by his quick rebound with Hailey Baldwin. As for Gomez herself, she was equally baffled, especially given her new song, “Lose You to Love Me,” which will no doubt generate some confusion and cantankerous conversation in Casa Bieber. Gomez’s tune is equal parts prosaic and beautiful. She somehow seemlessly ebbs in and out of the public eye with grace. Listen below.
I like Justin Bieber. In fact, I might be one of the only people to defend his many random rants. But the news that he’s receiving treatment for depression coupled with the insistence that it “has nothing to do” with his wife Hailey is not surprising. The new couple recently did an interview with Vogue Magazine, and while others thought it a cute inside look at their romance, I saw their mutual misery as absolutely alarming.
“I’ve made some bad decisions personally, and in relationships. Those mistakes have affected my confidence in my judgment. It’s been difficult for me even to trust Hailey. We’ve been working through stuff. And it’s great, right?”
“I prayed to feel peace about the decision [to marry], and that’s where I landed. I love him very much. I have loved him for a long time.”
Justin (on being homebodies)
“She’s trying to be this grown-up. I think we can be married and still have fun and enjoy our adolescence. That’s something we’re talking about.”
- Ethan Hawke married Uma Thurman too young. Huffington Post
- Seth MacFarlane is dating Alexis Knapp (Ryan Phillipe’s baby mamma). NYDN
- Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa are getting married. Vibe
- Amanda Seyfreid is dating Justin Long. The Blemish
- Kim Kardashian was spotted with her baby. PopSugar
- Will Arnett is dating Katie Lee (Billy Joel’s ex-wife). DListed
- Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez are on the outs over Justin Bieber. Idolator
- Carmen Electra caught Simon Cowell in bed with Lauren Silverman. ICYDK
- Soleil Moon Frye is pregnant. E! News
- Katie Couric responded to Kim Kardashian’s twitter diss. Hollywood Life
- Jennifer Lopez is returning to American Idol. Celebuzz
- Donald Faison and CaCee Cobb had a baby. TV Guide
- The Khloe Kardashian divorce rumors continue. Socialite Life
Continue reading “Justin Bieber on Chelsea Lately — Ego-Inflated?”
In a recent interview, Miley Cyrus complained about You Tube stars, such as Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black, saying, “It should be harder to be an artist. You shouldn’t just be able to put a song on YouTube and go out on tour.” Really Miley? You don’t want musicians to have a short cut into the music business? So what about your career? Do you think having Billy Ray Cyrus as a dad perhaps helped speed up your success a bit? Would you have had scored the same high-profile Disney audition otherwise? For years, Hollywood has been an impenetrable members-only club that excludes great talent because of limited opportunity for exposure. You Tube breaks that barrier. At least those guys did it on their own, without the nepotism.
Update: Miley Cyrus insists she was misquoted and she “loves Rebecca Black.” Yeah — sure she was.