I’d never have guessed that MTV would fare better with two hands tied behind their back than they would with complete freedom, but their Covid-19 shackles actually set them free from the routine that has plagued them for the last decade. With the universally beloved Keke Palmer as its emcee sporting a digitally generated backdrop of New York City, the show featured outstanding outdoor performances, dancers donning masks, a drive-in audience, virtual and in-person acceptance speeches, and much more. In short, MTV hit it out of the park. Enjoy the highlights below.Continue reading “VMAs Recap: Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, BTS and Other Standouts”
Miley Cyrus teamed up with Quentin Jones for a kinky collaboration that can’t be missed. The two-minute, bondage-based short film has Miley “tongue-tied,” but it’s worth a view. It’s been floating around for some time, but it just caught my eye. Enjoy.
Please don’t be fooled by the title of Miley Cyrus’ ‘Adore You’ video, because 3.4 seconds in, you’ll realize it’s a ruse. She really adores herself. And 57 million hits later, you’ll reach an unfortunate revelation that the public adores her too. The creativity of such scintillating self-love is beyond my grasp, but her clever ploy to win attention has helped the former Disney zygote become a massive success, so I suppose my distaste is irrelevant. Watch below — or don’t — it’s your call.
It’s interesting that Katy Perry is singing about a “Dark Horse,” after being vomited on by high-voltage hues, but who cares, right? In fact, as long as she’s not rolling around the stage performing gross-out gestures (see Miley Cyrus), I’d say her less than desirable aesthetic choices get a pass. Watch below.
In case you doubted Harry Connick Jr.’s well-deserved position on the American Idol panel, take a look at the video below, where Connick criticizes Emily Piriz’s performance of Grace Potter’s ‘Paris (Ooh La La).’ Connick felt the lyrics were a little too racy for an 18 year old and asked that she recite the original two lines which insinuated oral sex. Though Seacrest dubbed his dig “daddy-mode,” it’s a valid critique. We don’t need another Miley Cyrus on our hands.
Madonna’s failed attempt to stay relevant landed her in a pathetic zone of desperation. The entire debacle happened on MTV Unplugged, where Miley Cyrus and Madonna tried to strip down their music. Instead, Miley stripped and Madonna . . . well — WATCH BELOW.
Miley Cyrus, Miley Cyrus: Unplugged, Full Episodes
The reviews for Britney Spears’ Planet Hollywood show are in, and it appears that the pop princes delivered the powerhouse performance she promised. The 90 minute show includes a retrospective set-list that the fans feverishly fought for, along with two new tunes off her latest record, ‘Britney Jean.’ As for her dancing, the videos indicate that she’s close to her old self. While she still appears nervous, who wouldn’t be on opening night? Give the girl a month to tighten up her choreography and acclimate to the awe-inducing venue, and I’m sure she’ll rid the kinks. Overall, one thing is clear. Britney is back! Watch Miley Cyrus lip-syncing on opening night. I’ve also included a clip from the show. Enjoy!
- Miley Cyrus loves weed. Us Magazine
- Drew Barrymore is pregnant. E! Online
- Rebecca Romijn is still a Stamos. Huffington Post
- Did Katie Holmes leave Tom Cruise because of Scientology? People
- Robert Pattinson has a new romance. Hollywood Life
- Charlie Sheen’s custody war continues. TMZ
- Tori Spelling’s fame game now includes a sex tape. Gossip Cop
- Zoe Saldana’s husband declared his devotion in ink. Celebuzz
- Raquel Welch is dating Nigel Lythgoe. Daily Mail
- Avril Lavigne’s ex-husband is bitter. THR
- Is Kelly Brook dating Jeremy Piven? Mirror
- Kanye West likes confederate flags. Radar Online
- Emile Hirsch had a baby. Hollywood Life
- N’Sync reunited for Chris Kirkpatrick’s wedding. E! Online
- Vicki Gunvalson cried herself a river of hypocrisy. Wet Paint
- Charlie Sheen hates Brooke Mueller . . . and DCFS. TMZ
- Michelle Monaghan had a baby. Hollywood Life
- Elizabeth Hurley and Shane Warne reconciled. Express
- Eva Longoria has a new man. NYDN
- Miley Cyrus’ tongue was not in Benji Madden’s mouth. EntertainmentWise
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson will never learn. HuffPost
- Kristen Cavallari and Jay Cutler are on their way to another baby. R29
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are pregnant. Us Magazine
- Adrienne Maloof has a new boy toy. DailyMail
- That old guy and his teenage wife are splitting up. CDAN
Though I’ve boarded the Miley Cyrus hate train in the past, even The Dishmaster changes her mind from time to time. She killed it on Saturday Night Live, and I’ll give credit where credit is due. Doubling as a host and musical guest, she performed her two biggest hits. Watch below.