It’s always smart to align with celebrities for promotion, and it was clearly a shrewd move for Manolo Blahnik, whose new “9 to 5” boots “broke the internet.” Launched earlier this week, the limited-edition Rihanna x Manolo Blahnik footwear collaboration caps off at nearly $5,000.
Rihanna, Kanye West, and Paul McCartney: FourFiveSeconds Video
Tabloid Gossip — Links & Things
- Megan Fox is pregnant. Celebuzz
- Evan Rachel Wood gave birth. MSN
- Adrienne Bailon has yet to claim her baggage. Bossip
- Jodie Sweetin’s ex-factor just got more complicated. TMZ
- Elle Macpherson got married. Daily Mail
- Will.I.Am might join American Idol. E! Online
- Simon Cowell put a baby in a married woman’s belly. NYDN
- Raven Symone put one foot out of the closet. CNN
- Jack White really hates the Black Keys. Contact Music
- Leah Remini left Scientology. Huffington Post
- Rihanna might not be a lady. Radar Online
- Jennifer Aniston is a bare-faced beauty. People
- The Real Housewives of New Jersey have some real problems. THG
Rihanna Talks Chris Brown to Oprah — Enough is Enough
Rihanna Performs on SNL — Too Slutty?
Rihanna Deletes Coachella Photo Amidst Drug Accusations
While some might consider Coachella a music festival, it’s really just an excuse for douchey celebrities to pretend they’re cool by wearing ridiculous outfits with really big sunglasses. One such celebrity is Rihanna, who posted a picture of herself cutting up powder on her bodyguard’s head. When she received a predictable backlash for the drug implications, she deleted the picture and wrote an unexplained message, saying, “PATHETIC C*NTZ.” Right, cause that’s cool. Good job, Rihanna. Perhaps you should post more pictures of your gun tattoo also. It’s good for the kids.
Chris Brown’s New Video — Should We Forgive Him?
Chris Brown’s Grammy Performance — Outrage Continues
Steven Tyler & Carrie Underwood — Best Duet at ACM Awards
Having duets at the American Country Music Awards was great in theory, and rough in execution. Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood were the only two artists to get it right. Tyler entered the stage singing Underwood’s Undo It, and Carrie Underwood later sang Tyler’s Walk This Way. This idea of artists crossing genres should have been consistent with each duet, but the producers missed the mark. Instead, you had Rihanna singing California King Bed with Sugarland‘s Jennifer Nettles, but Jennifer Nettles didn’t sing a song by Rihanna. To further confuse the theme, Brad Paisley sang with Alabama, who are being labeled in the press as “rockers,” even though they are both clearly country music artists. That’s not exactly crossing genres. The ACM producers should call American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe to take some advice about executing performance themes. Watch Underwood and Tyler below.